What can be funded:
- Events that promote the scientific/ thematic exchange of Alumni
- Seminars that contribute to the professional training of Alumni
- Seminars for returning Alumni
Subsidies can also be granted for bi- and multi-lateral alumni events that bring together different alumni groups and/or include German alumni, for example North-South or regional events. The DAAD is particularly interested in supporting events that contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Networking and activities beyond the scope of the event are particularly welcome.
- Grant size: up to 10,000 EUR (for international events, in justifiably exceptional cases, the grant can go up to 20,000 EUR)
- Eligibility: Only former scholarship holders of DAAD (having received individual DAAD funding for at least 3 months) and Alumni associations can apply. AT LEAST HALF of your event’s participants must be DAAD Alumni (current scholarship holders can attend, but don’t count as Alumni).
- Format: The event can be physical, virtual or hybrid. Participants from regions beyond East Africa are encouraged to join virtually.
- Application deadline: Monday, 12 February 2024.
Documents to be submitted (find attached) to the DAAD Nairobi office via firstname.lastname@example.org:
A web seminar on Alumni funding in general and funding for small Alumni events in particular will take place on Thursday, 18 January 2024, at 2 pm EAT. We recommend that anyone interested in applying to attend.
If there are any questions regarding this call, please get in touch with Anja Bengelstorff, the Programme Officer for Alumni matters, on this email address.
Here are more details you may require for the application.
- Filling assistance and tips
- Leaflet on grants for alumni events
- Data protection information for applicants
Please note that funds are limited and subject to approval. Not all applications might be considered.